Up to £0.00 per annum
18 days ago
SQL DBA - London/West Sussex/Lancashire- Insurance- £450 per day- Inside of IR35
. Encourage scientific/data driven approach to identify improvement opportunities. Responsible for developing & implementing database policies to ensure integrity and availability of databases and their accompanying software.
Our client is a speciality insurer that are market leaders within the insurance sector.
Planning and executing on strategic database activities including on more complex issues:
- Installation, configuration and upgrading of Sqlserver server software and products
- Creating and sizing database storage structures and database objects
- Plan for capacity planning and make recommendations accordingly
- Planning for and actual backup and recovery of database information
- Setting strategic direction for database platforms
- Good knowledge of SSRS, SSAS, and SSIS is asset
- Configure Log shipping, Mirroring, Clustering without support
- Advance Technology Knowledge on Always On/HA/Mirroring/Migration Strategy.
- A minimum of 5 years' hands-on experience with database administration of Microsoft SQL Server including 2000/2005 /2008/2012/2014/2016/2019, including installation, patching, support, monitoring, backup and recovery.
- Ability to work independently and as a team on multiple tasks and commitment to deadlines.
- Experience in managing 24*7 production server, huge databases and multiple instances
- Proficiency in logical/physical data modeling/architecture design.
- Excellent skill in T-SQL Performance Tuning.
- Experience with MS SQL Server log shipping, replication, database mirroring and high availability like AlwaysOn
- Experience with MS SQL Agent and features: maintenance plan, scheduled jobs, alert, SQL Mail and DB Mail
- Experience with performance tuning, execution plan, trouble shooting, index and statistics
- Good knowledge of active-active cluster, SAN storage, data partitioning, multi-thread environment
- Good knowledge of and skills in database security design and implementation
- Knowledge of current technology to positively influence the development environment.
- Troubleshooting DB related alerts
- Backup/Restore, Data Refresh/Migration
- Familiar with MSSQL features such as TDE, Compression, MDW and DMVs
- Knowledgeable with various Backup and restores processes such as partial Backup, Point in time restores etc
If you believe that you are the right candidate for this role or would like more information, please do not hesitate to contact me or send over your CV.