£90000 - £110000 per annum + competitive package
3 months ago
Lead Solutions Architect - Suffolk/Essex- Insurance- £100k + Attractive benefits package
The role is to lead a small team of solutions architects and responsible for the architectural vision of our client's infrastructure and digital elements. The candidate will work with Head of IT, Portfolio Managers, Product Owners and Business Application Managers to map out the architectural landscape. This is a key hire for IT as it will ensure that the IT roadmap is integrated with the business and that our client drives their technology service offerings to their customers.
Our client is a speciality insurer that are market leaders within the insurance sector.
- The candidate will be responsible for being pro-active for a business unit and will be engaging regularly with several key stakeholders as well as building business architecture strategies.
- Assisting with key stakeholders and be comfortable engaging and presenting to other stakeholders within the business.
- Take charge of complex technical and/or architectural concepts
- Responsible for delivery of architectural change and reviewing/approving solution designs based on their alignment with the architectural roadmap.
- Strong understanding of SDLC with Microsoft technologies and be able to understand integration, data and deployment patterns
- Be able to deliver on architectural blueprints, defining and maintain architectural principles and decision-making governance
- Responsible for application and data level enterprise architecture across the UK business.
- Proven experience of defining, implementing and maintaining architectural decision processes
- Strong people leadership and coordination ability - plus the ability to gain credibility quickly within a business
- Experience of guiding development teams
- Technically astute in the area of applications, integration services, data and security
- Experience of the Microsoft database technology stack (SQL Server, T-SQL, SSIS)
- Knowledge of ETL technologies (Alteryx, SnapLogic, etc.)
- Knowledge of Microsoft .NET and associated technology stacks
The ideal candidate will be a capable and confident facilitator with an engaging and credible background and calibre.
The ideal candidate will be data, technology and digitally savvy with an understanding or retail-drive architectural delivery. You will be a change agent and will be able to ensure that the right behaviours, technology and tooling is utilised for the right projects.
The ideal candidate will have experience working within a regulated environment and multiple stakeholders (inclusive of internal and 3rd party, physically and virtually based)
- Our client offers a pension scheme of 10%, life assurance covering four times the salary.
- 25 days holiday (increasing after 3 years' service to a maximum of 28 days) plus statutory bank holidays.
- Non-contributory scheme (currently insured with BUPA). This is a taxable benefit.
- May be eligible for up to 75% of basic salary after 26 weeks' absence if you become temporarily or permanently disabled (subject to agreement by the insurers).
- Critical illness insurance provides a lump sum if you fall victim to a condition or illness which is life threatening or severely debilitating. The benefit is capped at once times your base salary or £150,000 (whichever is less). This is a taxable benefit.
- Interest free annual season ticket loan.
- Discounted membership of a sports club nominated by the Company or contribution to the membership of a sports club up to a maximum of £500 per annum. This is a taxable benefit.
- A discretionary gift in recognition of long service to the Company may be made after every 10 years' service with the Company, in accordance with the Company's policy from time to time in force.
- A childcare voucher system operates for the benefit of working parents. Details of the savings are available on the Company's intranet site
- The EAP is designed to help you cope with problems affecting you, irrespective of whether the root cause is work or home related. You have access to this confidential and impartial advice service, wherever and whenever you need it.
If you believe that you are the right candidate for this role or would like more information, please do not hesitate to contact me or send over your CV.