City of London, London
£95000.00 - £110000.00 per annum + Plus Benefits
4 months ago
Details of the role:
Role: IT Programme Manager
Annual salary: £95,000 - £110,000 plus great benefits
Start date: March 2020
Role: My client is looking for a Programme Manager to be accountable for the management and implementation of a new Insurance platform/system. You will control planning and execution of the Programme's activities and resources to ensure that established cost, time and quality goals are met. You will work with minimal supervision and be responsible for applying advanced Programme Management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to Programme deliverables, processes and systems in order to meet or exceed stakeholder needs and expectations. You will direct daily work activities of a small group of employees and work with higher level managers to set goals and objectives and provide input regarding performance of employees.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Initiate and set goals for programme aligned with the strategic objectives of the organisation
- Plan the programme from business readiness to completion involving deadlines, milestones and processes - all aligned to Agile methodology.
- Develop and run budgets and programme operations aligned with Agile methodology.
- Devise evaluation strategies to monitor performance and determine the need for improvements.
- Supervise delivery partner and all team leaders involved to provide feedback and resolve complex problems.
- Discover ways to enhance efficiency and productivity of procedures and people.
- Apply change, risk and resource management principles.
- Drive programme engagement and support using Change Management techniques.
- Address and escalate where necessary all risk and issues in a robust and timely manner.
- Ensure programme operations and activities adhere to legal guidelines and internal policies.
- Keep Senior Management informed with detailed and accurate reports and presentations.
- Manage Europe Stakeholders expectations and support communications to the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and companywide.
- Strong and recent experience within the Lloyd's Insurance Market is a must
- Must have strong experience of Programme management, including Agile methodology (you must be highly experienced in Agile delivery techniques).
- Excellent IT experience of implementing a number of Insurance systems.
- Thorough understanding of Change Management techniques
- Experience of leading major IT platform programs is a strict necessity which also includes working with a vendor partner.
- Excellent Knowledge of performance evaluation techniques and key metrics
- Outstanding knowledge of data analysis, reporting and budgeting
- Working knowledge of MS office and program management software
- A business acumen with a strategic ability
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- An analytical mindset with great problem-solving abilities
- Experience of managing and leading all decision making duties regarding programme, cost, stakeholders, resources, etc.
- Excellent communication skills and able to liaise with all levels of stakeholders across the business and externally.
- You will have at least a secondary level of education.
If this is you, please apply ASAP or send your latest CV to email@example.com for a fast track review. If suitabe, we will be in touch within 48 hours.