£50000 - £65000.00 per annum + Pension, Bonus
26 days ago
- Job Duties
- As an analyst, ensuring services provided by the team meet client requirements, as well as supporting team members in managing especially complex or business-critical issues/requests, and providing up-to-date information to stakeholders.
- Maintain the integrity of systems or services within the remit by fully investigating all incidents and resolving them in a timely fashion. Ensuring all incidents and defects (problems) are accurately recorded and updated as per the Incident Management Matrix and SLA
- Proactively highlight potential capacity, performance or operational issues and take preventative action where necessary.
- Advise business and/or technical solutions where possible, recommending the most appropriate and cost effective way forward.
- Assist with trend analysis, highlighting repeat issues and suggesting solutions for permanent resolutions.
- Adopt industry best practice for service management (ITIL).
- Work with the Application support team Leader to establish and maintain the LGIM IT Support "brand" i.e. the consistency of approach across all LGIM support teams.
- Continually incorporate quality management, assurance, company security and best practices into all support areas to ensure services are delivered within agreed Business Requirements. Ensure proper implementation of changes in accordance with agreed Change Management procedures.
- Maintain effective support processes for all software/systems across platforms.
- Provide technical support and advice to users. Liaise with other IT staff and with external providers as required to resolve complex software/application problems.
- Provision of support on a shift basis and out of hours support on a rota basis as and when required.
- Skills Required
- The primary skills required are support and specialist development knowledge in Intersystems Cache Objectscript for which significant recent experience and expertise must be demonstrated. Experience of Cache object orientated programming with a proven track record.
- Support experience and knowledge of Cache Objectscript is vital.
- Relational database development skills in SQL is desirable.
- Experience of working within an Investment Management firm and a good understanding of Investment Operations.
- Experience in software transition and release management
- Experience of full support lifecycle activity to include:
- Analysis and the production of technical documentation using User Cases, & activity diagrams.
- Support of quality assurance and user acceptance test cycles, & disaster recovery
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office toolset
- Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, at least 25 days' holiday (with potential to rise to 26 days), private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.