£80000.00 - £90000.00 per annum
4 months ago
The Actuarial Data Analyst will manage the collection and validation of the data used within the reserving team. They will also use their expert knowledge of reserving data to help the Manager, Actuarial Data and Systems to develop new data processes and automate existing processes.
You would be expected to be a technical expert and support various aspects of the work, these could comprise:
Lead MRC key datasets (Technical Provisions Data (TPD) and Gross Quarterly Data (GQD))
- Lead development of the Market Data Collections (MDC) system to ensure it is ready for returns including the instructions and FAQs for managing agents being available, comprehensive and up to date.
- Be the main market point of contact for the TPD and GQD returns.
- Project manage any change requests to MDC.
- Lead the specification and communications regarding the data returns to the market.
- Assist in the collection of the data returns, reconciliation and if necessary, resubmission.
Develop and enhance MRC reports and processes:
- Use SQL Server to manage our data.
- Assist in developing and maintaining our suite of Business Objects reports.
- Work with data labs on the development of qliksense applications.
- Gather and analyse the data required for the projects and ad-hoc tasks including performing gap/ impact analysis in Excel (VBA).
- Use expert knowledge of data to assist the systems analysts with building new and automating existing processes and preforming checks on these processes to ensure they are fit for purpose.
- Understanding of statutory actuarial data requirements and high-level understanding of the actuarial techniques the data is required to support.
- Management: Able to suggest resolutions to issues and innovations to way that we work. Manage analysts as appropriate. Assist others with managing conflicting work and time pressures.
- Communication: Able to communicate with different stakeholder types both internally and externally.
- Analytical skills: Define output required and independently direct analysis to achieve this. Ensure this work is checked/reviewed appropriately to a high standard of accuracy and completeness. Suggests solutions to any practical barriers to delivery of analysis based on experience and novel ideas.
- Delivery: Deliver high quality output based on independent definition of tasks that is checked against internal and external information. Proactively propose appropriate deadlines for delivery.
- Decision making: Proactively suggests courses of action to address any barriers to objectives of the project/team.